C2IT Consulting, Inc. (“C2IT”) is a central-Indiana based technology firm with over 20 years’ experience in helping organizations achieve more with tech. C2IT designs, builds, and supports data-driven mobile apps, websites, and technology solutions. We increase efficiency and accuracy, save our clients time and money, and integrate technology platforms in ways never imagined.
The Solutions Architect / Developer (“Candidate”) will be responsible for understanding, designing, and then developing technical solutions to clients’ business problem. This role includes:
- Finding the best technology solution among all possible to solve the existing business problems while giving consideration to budgets, timeframes, and other requirements.
- Describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of software to project stakeholders.
- Defining features, phases, and solution requirements and providing specifications according to which the solution is defined, managed, and delivered.
- Coordinate and participate in the technical development of solutions, including database design and creation, web and mobile development, documentation, and testing.
- Maintain and continually improve existing solutions.
The candidate will be responsible for helping the C2IT sales team investigate client needs and properly documenting and executing a plan to bring them to life. This will include determining a specific set of objectives and requirements needed to achieve those objectives. It will also include taking customer-provided requirements and crafting a technical plan around those requirements to bring them to life in a cost-effective manner.
The successful candidate must have a solid understanding of modern software and web architecture. Their solution design must empathize client values and accentuate and the strengths of the C2IT team. The candidate must be comfortable with sharing the solution plan with the customer and communicating with the customer in terms of business value. The candidate working with the sales team must also be able to construct, document and communicate the solution plan to the internal C2IT development team(s) in terms of documented tasks, priorities, time lines, budgets and risks.
For mobile app and custom development solutions, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying data-centric models and requirements, documenting database requirements and structures, and assisting with the setup of the development, test and production environments needed. The candidate will participate in the development of software to meet technical requirements, work with additional development and design team members, and ensure all code is thoroughly documented and tested.
C2IT is a rapidly developing and growing business, and there are tremendous opportunities for this role to transition into a long term and vital role of design, management, and leadership within our organization.
We want to find a candidate who is keen to contribute ideas, loves finding interesting, brilliant, cost-effective solutions and above all loves working with clients and contributing to their success.
The projects we are a part of span a wide variety of platforms – web, desktop, and mobile to name a few, so a willingness and excitement to explore new ways to use what we can do to help others is paramount to our overall success.
- Investigate client needs and wants and work alongside the sales team to clearly articulate goals, objectives, and high-level needs
- Gauge the size of projects from the concept stage and assist the sales team and project manager with the creation of project plans, prototypes, and/or proof of concept endeavors.
- Understand conceptual and written design requirements as provided by a client or C2IT’s business development team.
- Contribute to the creation of proposals including mockups, time and cost estimates, and technical requirements for development and design for websites, custom software, e-commerce systems, and mobile apps.
- Create technical requirement documents and supporting documentation for C2IT or client needs.
- Develop projects and related database structures according to requirements and alongside the C2IT development team.
- Ensure technical requirements are met during development
- Ensure all code is properly documented and well-organized
- Develop testing plans and ensure they are followed
- Contribute to selection and upkeep of architecture, design, development , and documentation tools and standards used within C2IT.
- 5+ years’ experience with software architecture from concept stage all the way through delivery.
- 5+ years’ experience with database design, modeling, and creation including tables, queries, stored procedures, relationships, indexes.
- 3+ years’ experience coding with C# and managing Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Experience in setting up and maintaining development, staging, and production environments for projects beyond the initial release stage.
- Ability to take large problems and break them down into specific tasks that can be managed, documented, and completed.
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person and via electronic mediums
- A willingness to speak your voice and share ideas with the entire team, including ownership, about on-target and off-target opportunities
- A willingness to be persistent and commit to personal growth
Nice to Have
- Experience with C# MVC and Web Forms technologies
- Experience with Xamarin mobile app development
- Experience with VB.NET programming technologies
- Experience with older database and software technologies, including Visual Basic and VBScript
- Experience with source control
- Experience with cloud-based modeling tools
- Knowledge of PHP coding, specifically within the WordPress environment
- Ability to demonstrate application of technical skills and understanding of the above technologies in the “real world,” such as products produced for paying clients, published web applications, and/or a portfolio of digital content produced.
- Experience with project management and bug-tracking tools
- Goal-driven performer
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex solutions to a client in simplified terms and linking the solution to business values
- Highly motivated self-starter focused on producing results that matter
- Willingness to use an existing toolbox of development tools, but also a willingness to contribute and suggest alternatives as they are available
- Ability and willingness to work alongside outside developers, designers, and vendors
- Ability to learn on-the-fly, whether by independent research, proof of concept development, or working together as a team
- Team player with a strong desire to achieve personal growth while being a part of something bigger than one’s self
C2IT creates and implements technology solutions for small scale organizations with an economy of scale that typically only larger companies can afford. We accomplish this through strategic partnerships with innovative first clients and a future-focused product life-cycle that consistently produces new lines of business and propels the company into new niches, markets, and industry.
At C2IT, we not only help small-scale organizations – we ARE a small-scale organization. Born out of a vision to help “the little guy” do more than he ever imagined he could, we too know how important it is to build a team that truly works together. Our small staff is highly cross-trained, works together on every project, and this provides great opportunities for continual growth and advancement within our business.
If you have an interest in professional growth while becoming an integral part of a growing business, it’s time to consider joining C2IT Consulting, Inc.
To submit your resume, send please send it along with a cover letter with how you think you might fit into this role to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact form below.