C2IT Consulting, Inc. (“C2IT”) is a central Indiana-based technology firm with over 20 years of experience in helping organizations achieve more with tech. C2IT designs, builds, and supports data-driven mobile apps, websites, and technology solutions. We increase efficiency and accuracy, save our clients time and money, and integrate technology platforms in ways never imagined.
The Help Desk Technician position performs critical duties in C2IT’s IT Services department assisting our clients with day-to-day concerns and issues. This position will report directly to C2IT’s Operations manager and be responsible for managing our help desk system. This position will assign tickets, follow up with clients, make sure tickets are being handled in a timely and efficient manner, measuring meaningful metrics as well as educating and empowering C2IT’s clients to handle problems on their own. The Help Desk Technician will also conduct testing on C2IT’s custom software, apps, and websites. This position will also assist in the evaluation, product selection, and installation of IT Services infrastructure client projects.
As C2IT’s Network/Cybersecurity/Support Technician, you will be the go-to person for issues relating to network and cybersecurity issues from our clients. You will utilize your knowledge and skills to enhance, support, and/or create a stronger, more secure computing environment for our clients.
In this role, you become the client’s contact point for all questions and problems involving network and cybersecurity issues. You are expected to treat all clients with dignity and respect while engaging with them. The successful candidate is an active listener with excellent verbal and written communication skills. In many cases, you will be interacting with our clients listening to their issues, questions, and concerns. In many cases, you will need to walk our clients through well thought out procedures that will aid you in diagnosing and resolving their issues.
The successful Network/Cybersecurity/Support technician where possible will empower our clients to care for similar issues in the future. They will also request feedback on their communication skills as well as process and procedures from our clients. Using the results of the survey the Network/Cybersecurity/Support technician may seek future training and skill improvements as well as changes to existing help desk processes and procedures.
C2IT is a rapidly developing and growing business, and there are tremendous opportunities for a strong performer to play a vital role in the design, management, and leadership within our organization.
We want to find a candidate who is keen to contribute ideas, loves finding interesting, brilliant, cost-effective solutions and above all loves working with clients and contributing to their success.
The projects we are a part of span a wide variety of platforms – web, desktop, and mobile to name a few, so a willingness and excitement to explore new ways to use what we can do to help others is paramount to our overall success.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to network and cybersecurity requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Help lead the design and implementation of new network solutions
- Install, configure and support network equipment, including routers, switches, DNS and DHCP
- Monitoring network and firewall security licenses and renewing them when necessary after client approval
- Configuring firewalls and other network equipment to maximize security
- Perform regular audits to ensure security processes are compliant
- Be available to assist with other IT Support help desk tickets as needed
- Be an active listener with customers to determine root cause of issues
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to IT systems, networks, software and hardware
- Remotely access hardware or software for clients to make changes and fix problems
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network/cybersecurity issues
- Safely install changes with the knowledge and ability to back them out
- Work through the problem-solving process with customers, empowering them to do the same in the future
- Follow up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues
- Request client feedback to improve problem resolution methods
- Analyze client feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease in troubleshooting
- Provide feedback on processes and make recommendations on areas to improve
- Identify and escalate situations and issues requiring urgent attention
- Stay current with IT systems, networks, software and hardware
- Help update support procedures for new and revised software and hardware
- Execute test plans created by C2IT’s custom software developers and evaluate the test results.
- Assist in the research, assessment and implementation of IT infrastructure improvement client projects.
- 2+ years of experience managing and analyzing SIEM tools and services, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network equipment. Experience in Ubiquiti and FortiGate a plus
- 3+ years of experience in IT, Computer Science, or related field
- Knowledge of Security best practices across various platforms and the ability to implement them
- Firewall/Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Prevention Systems experience
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, memory of patterns, and interest in problem-solving
- Ability to take large problems and break them down into specific tasks that can be managed, documented, and completed.
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person and via electronic mediums
- A willingness to speak your voice and share ideas with the entire team, including ownership, about on-target and off-target opportunities
- A willingness to be persistent and commit to personal growth
Nice to Have
- Experience in configuring and maintaining Ubiquiti and FortiGate platforms
- Experience in Microsoft security Process and procedure development experience
- Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Excellent written skills
- Caring and nurturing attitude towards others
- Self-reliant; Confident
- Goal-driven performer
- Technology oriented
- Team player with a strong desire to achieve personal growth while being part of something bigger than one’s self
- Ability to learn on the fly, whether by independent research, proof of concept development, or working together as a team
C2IT creates and implements technology solutions for small scale organizations with an economy of scale that typically only larger companies can afford. We accomplish this through strategic partnerships with innovative first clients and a future-focused product life-cycle that consistently produces new lines of business and propels the company into new niches, markets, and industry.
At C2IT, we not only help small-scale organizations – we ARE a small-scale organization. Born out of a vision to help “the little guy” do more than he ever imagined he could, we too know how important it is to build a team that truly works together. Our small staff is highly cross-trained, works together on every project, and this provides great opportunities for continual growth and advancement within our business.
If you have an interest in professional growth while becoming an integral part of a growing business, it’s time to consider joining C2IT Consulting, Inc.
For more information about our company, please visit www.c2itconsulting.net.
To submit your resume, please send it along with a cover letter with how you think you might fit into this role to email@example.com.