C2IT Consulting, Inc. (“C2IT”) is a central-Indiana based technology firm with over 20 years experience in helping organizations achieve more with tech. C2IT designs, builds, and supports data-driven mobile apps, websites, and technology solutions. We increase efficiency and accuracy, save our clients time and money, and integrate technology platforms in ways never imagined.
The Help Desk Technician position performs critical duties in C2IT’s IT Services department assisting our clients with day to day concerns and issues. This position will report directly to C2IT’s Operations manager and be responsible for managing our help desk system. This position will assign tickets, follow up with clients, make sure tickets are being handled in a timely and efficient manner, measuring meaningful metrics as well as educating and empowering C2IT’s clients to handle problems on their own. The Help Desk Technician will also conduct testing on C2IT’s custom software, apps, and websites. This position will also assist in the evaluation, product selection and installation of IT Services infrastructure client projects.
As C2IT’s Help Desk Technician you will be the first point of contact for resolving or escalating issues relating to hardware, software, network, and others from our clients. These issues, questions and concerns originate from our internal ticketing system.
In this role, you become the client’s contact point for all questions and problems. You are expected to treat all clients with dignity and respect while engaging with them. The successful candidate is an active listener with excellent verbal and written communication skills. In many cases you will be interacting with our clients listening to their issues, questions and concerns. In many cases you will need to walk our clients through well thought out procedures that will aid you in diagnosing and resolving their issues.
The successful Help Desk Technician, where possible, will empower our clients to care for similar issues in the future. They will also request feedback on their communication skills as well as process and procedures from our clients. Using the results of the survey the Help Desk Technician may seek future training and skill improvements as well as changes to existing help desk processes and procedures.
In addition to serving as a key member of our IT Support Team, the Help Desk Technician will also provide support to our Web Services clients whose sites we build, maintain, and enhance. You will take on routine responsibilities such as monthly security updates and basic web content requests and tickets. You will also be given responsibilities to manage many of the recurring services that we provide our clients such as plugin renewals, plugin management across multiple sites, and other web-related technology needs.
C2IT is a rapidly developing and growing business, and there are tremendous opportunities for a strong performer to play a vital role in the design, management, and leadership within our organization.
We want to find a candidate who is keen to contribute ideas, loves finding interesting, brilliant, cost-effective solutions and above all loves working with clients and contributing to their success.
The projects we are a part of span a wide variety of platforms – web, desktop, and mobile to name a few, so a willingness and excitement to explore new ways to use what we can do to help others is paramount to our overall success.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Triage help desk requests routing them to the appropriate resources for resolution
- Be an active listener with customers to determine root cause of issues
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to IT systems, networks, software and hardware
- Remotely access hardware or software for clients to make changes and fix problems
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve technical hardware and/or software issues
- Safely install changes with the knowledge and ability to back them out
- Work through the problem-solving process with customers, empowering them to do the same in the future
- Follow up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues
- Request client feedback to improve problem resolution methods
- Analyze client feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease in troubleshooting
- Provide feedback on processes and make recommendations on areas to improve
- Identify and escalate situations and issues requiring urgent attention
- Stay current with IT systems, networks, software and hardware
- Help update support procedures for new and revised software and hardware
- Perform routine monthly updates to websites we manage
- Maintain and manage plugin usage for our website clients
- Monitor, assign, triage, and assist with the resolution of Web Services tickets.
- Execute test plans created by C2IT’s custom software developers and evaluate the test results.
- Assist in the research, assessment and implementation of IT infrastructure improvement client projects.
- 3+ years experience in IT, Computer Science, or related field
- Proven experience as a Help Desk Technician or other customer service role
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer/technical issues
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, memory of patterns, and interest in problem-solving
- Ability to take large problems and break them down into specific tasks that can be managed, documented, and completed.
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person and via electronic mediums
- A willingness to speak your voice and share ideas with the entire team, including ownership, about on-target and off-target opportunities
- A willingness to be persistent and commit to personal growth
Nice to Have
- Custom software development experience
- Process and procedure development experience
- Experience running test scripts for custom developed software as well as performing regression testing
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Excellent written skills
- Caring and nurturing attitude towards others
- Self reliant; Confident
- Goal-driven performer
- Technology oriented
- Team player with a strong desire to achieve personal growth while being part of something bigger that one’s self
- Ability to learn on-the-fly, whether by independent research, proof of concept development, or working together as a team
C2IT creates and implements technology solutions for small scale organizations with an economy of scale that typically only larger companies can afford. We accomplish this through strategic partnerships with innovative first clients and a future-focused product life-cycle that consistently produces new lines of business and propels the company into new niches, markets, and industry.
At C2IT, we not only help small-scale organizations – we ARE a small-scale organization. Born out of a vision to help “the little guy” do more than he ever imagined he could, we too know how important it is to build a team that truly works together. Our small staff is highly cross-trained, works together on every project, and this provides great opportunities for continual growth and advancement within our business.
If you have an interest in professional growth while becoming an integral part of a growing business, it’s time to consider joining C2IT Consulting, Inc.
For more information about our company, please visit www.c2itconsulting.net.
To submit your resume, please send it along with a cover letter with how you think you might fit into this role to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.