C2IT Consulting, Inc. (C2IT) is an Indianapolis-based software development and IT services business with over 20 years of experience in helping small-scale organizations do big things with technology. C2IT builds data-driven software and solutions that help others increase efficiency and accuracy, reduce lost time, and integrate technology platforms in ways never before imagined.
The C# Web / App Developer will work under the supervision of the President, Project Manager, and Lead Developer and will be responsible for contributing to the development of software we develop and maintain for our clients. C2IT is a rapidly developing and growing business, and there are tremendous opportunities for this entry-level role to transition into a long-term and vital role of development and leadership within our organization.
As a C# developer, you will be involved in many aspects of development at C2IT. This role will create opportunities to work on projects under new development as well as update, enhance, maintain, document, and debug existing projects.
C2IT has been building web, desktop, and mobile applications for years. We are heavily invested in building mobile apps for the iOS and Android operating system using a platform called Xamarin, which allows mobile apps to be built in C# using a combination of shared code and platform-specific technologies, all without the need to intimately understand Java and Objective C. We also develop MVC based web portals for use alongside the apps we build or to manage business operations independently.
At C2IT, you’ll benefit from working with a small but experienced team that will offer support and the scope to greatly enhance your technical skills and knowledge. You’ll also be on the ground floor of a growing team, and opportunities to share your perspective will abound, as will advancement opportunities with our joint success.
We want to find someone who is keen to contribute ideas and who loves finding interesting and brilliant solutions to problems.
We are looking for an individual who is highly experienced in C# development of MVC websites and mobile apps, with a focus on website development. The projects we are part of span a wide variety of platforms – web, desktop, and mobile to name a few, so a willingness and excitement to explore new ways to use this powerful language is a necessity, particularly in the world of mobile apps through the Xamarin platform.
- Design, develop, and modify ASP.NET MVC websites and web-based components based on functional and system requirements.
- Integrate mobile apps we create and maintain with web-based APIs, both our own and those provided by 3rd parties
- Design, develop, debug, and document mobile apps based using C#-based technologies using the Visual Studio and Xamarin platform.
- Integrate ASP.NET websites with existing or newly-developed data / business layers.
- Update existing ASP.NET web projects based on new requirements, enhanced technologies, and reported issues.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Lead Developer to create, communicate, and understand functional and system requirements.
- Assist with documentation, testing, and deployment newly-developed and existing mobile, web, and desktop applications.
- Assist in the selection and implementation of tools and technologies used in development, project planning/tracking, and testing.
- Appropriately utilize tools used in the development of software we create and maintain, including project scoping, time tracking, and bug tracking.
- Excellent C# development skills
- A clear understanding of the MVC framework and its application to website development
- A good understanding of Web API development using ASP.NET technologies.
- A strong desire to use the C# language in a wide variety of scenarios, especially in mobile apps and web projects
- Experience and good understanding of SQL Server database technologies and how to integrate with web-based software and APIs
Nice to Have
- Experience with building native mobile apps for the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience and understanding of VB.NET and other database technologies, such as SQLite and MySql
- Experience and understanding of LINQ-to-SQL technology
- Ability to demonstrate application of development skills and understanding of above technologies in the “real world,” such as products produced for paying clients, published web applications, and/or contributions to open-source projects.
- Ability to read, tweak, and interface with other web-based languages and technologies, including Classic ASP, PHP, WordPress, and WordPress plugins
- Experience with tools and methodologies such as:
- Git / SourceTree (Source Control)
- Zoho Projects (Project Management)
- Highly motivated self-starter focused on producing results that matter
- Ability to learn on-the-fly, whether by independent research, proof of concept development, or working together as a team
- Team player with a strong desire to achieve personal growth while being part of something bigger than one’s self
C2IT creates and implements technology solutions for small-scale organizations with an economy of scale that typically only larger companies can afford. We accomplish this through strategic partnerships with innovative first clients and a future-focused product life-cycle that consistently produces new lines of business and catapults the company into new niches, markets, and industries.
At C2IT, we not only help small-scale organizations – we ARE a small-scale organization. Born out of a vision to help “the little guy” do more than he ever imagined he could, we too know how important it is to build a team that truly works together. Our small staff is highly cross-trained, works together on every project, and this provides great opportunities for continual growth and advancement within our business.
If you have an interest in professional growth while becoming an integral part of a growing business, it’s time to consider joining C2IT Consulting, Inc.
For more information about our company, please visit c2itconsulting.net.
To submit your resume, send please send it along with a cover letter with how you think you might fit into this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.