C2IT Consulting provides clients a wide variety of valuable technical products and services. Some clients engage with us to build a new website that will dazzle potential customers. Others ask us to build and maintain complex mobile apps and web-based portals that are the backbone of their business operations. Still others simply want a partner they can reach out to when they need help or advice involving technology. The common factor in every client we have is a relationship built on trust, value, and a listening ear. These factors are not just coincidental – they are at the core of all that C2IT is about.
We have been in business since 2004 and have grown from a 2 person shop to a team of 9. We provide day-to-day IT support and technology consulting, build and maintain engaging websites, and design / develop / deliver custom mobile apps and software solutions for our clients. We are truly a one-stop-shop technology partner for those we serve. This wide variety of services makes finding new clients an interesting and exciting endeavor. We don’t drop into a place of business and throw a pile of brochures on their desk – each engagement is a unique, thought-provoking, and creative journey into value, scope, and the investment of time, money, and commitment.
While this job description’s requirements look much like that of a consultative salesperson, it is just as much about hunting down prospects, building relationships, and setting up discovery meetings with our owner and technical team. We understand the nature of sales is to quickly close deals but the successful candidate must have the patience to work through the explorative nature of our sales process. The fruits of your labor will be long term projects, forever clients, and repetitive referral opportunities.
If you’re truly interested in this position, we’d love to hear from you and sit down for a conversation. With your resume, please refer to the above paragraphs and share how this is a good fit for you. We welcome experienced networkers, new professionals hungry for their first long term gig, and solopreneurs who have sold their own tech services but are ready to join a growing team. You’ll become part of an exciting adventure and have a voice as we develop sales, marketing, and other outreach strategies.
- Understand and identify types of opportunities that fit C2IT’s mission, values, technical abilities.
- Identify specific prospects that fit these on-target opportunities.
- Connect with key and appropriate people at these prospects, introducing them to C2IT and establishing a good first impression.
- Participate in networking events with strategic value to the prospects C2IT is seeking.
- Work with the team at C2IT to develop a goal-driven discovery process that will be used for various types of business development activities.
- Execute the sales process.
- Create or assist in creating proposals and participate in the closing of sales.
- Build long-term and value-adding relationships with clients that will facilitate repeat business and referrals.
- Work with the C2IT team to identify new areas of business and position C2IT in a way to take advantage of these new areas of business.
- Manage and take responsibility for marketing efforts made to create inbound opportunities, included but not limited to advertising, promotional events, sponsorships, etc.
- Build long term and referral-producing relationships with clients by maintaining regular communication, following up on expressed needs, and asking about future opportunities and referrals.
- Maintain CRM system, including accounts, contacts, and categories.
- Communicate with prospects and clients using both one-to-one and one-to-many communication tools.
- Assist in creating success stories and customer testimonials.
- Create or help create newsletters, blog posts, and other online content to promote and publicize C2IT’s skills, vision and values.
- Stay involved with projects throughout the development lifecycle, working with the project teams to ensure client needs and requirements are met.
- Communicate project status to the client through oral or written reports in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Work with C2IT technical teams to identify opportunities for new business in the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person and via electronic mediums
- A strong desire to explore a prospect’s wants and needs from a goal-focused perspective, rather than just telling them what we have to offer.
- A good understanding of modern technology and how it can be applied to solve business problems
- The ability to gain an understanding of the wide variety of ways C2IT can apply technology to meet client needs and bring value to their business
- A willingness to speak your voice and share ideas with the entire team, including ownership, about on-target and off-target opportunities
- A willingness to be persistent and commit to personal growth
Nice to Have
- Experience with custom software / website / mobile-app sales
- Experience with a software development life-cycle
- Ability to demonstrate application of technical skills and understanding of “real world” technologies such as products produced for paying clients, published web applications, and/or contributions to open-source projects
- Experience with CRM tools
- Experience with project management tools
- Experience with Zoho product suite
- A love of meeting new people and a desire to want to help
- Goal-driven performer
- Highly motivated self-starter focused on producing results that matter
- Ability to learn on-the-fly, whether by independent research, proof of concept development, or working together as a team
- Team player with a strong desire to achieve personal growth while being part of something bigger than one’s self
More About C2IT
C2IT creates and implements technology solutions for small scale organizations with an economy of scale that typically only larger companies can afford. We accomplish this through strategic partnerships with innovative first clients and a future-focused product life-cycle that consistently produces new lines of business and catapults the company into new niches, markets, and industry.
At C2IT, we not only help small-scale organizations – we ARE a small-scale organization. Born out of a vision to help “the little guy” do more than he ever imagined he could, we too know how important it is to build a team that truly works together. Our small staff is highly cross-trained, works together on every project, and this provides great opportunities for continual growth and advancement within our business.
If you have an interest in professional growth while becoming an integral part of a growing business, it’s time to consider joining C2IT Consulting, Inc.
For more information about our company, please visit www.c2itconsulting.net.
To submit your resume, please send it along with a cover letter with how you think you might fit into this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.