C2IT Consulting, Inc. (C2IT) is an Indianapolis based software development and IT services business with over 20 years experience in helping organizations achieve more with technology. C2IT builds data-driven mobile apps, websites, software solutions, and supports live production environments. We increase efficiency and accuracy, save our clients time and money, and integrate technology platforms in ways never before imagined.
The Business Development Specialist will work directly with the President and Project Manager and will be responsible for developing new business opportunities with new prospects. This will involve everything from researching lead sources and qualifying specific leads to introducing C2IT to the prospect and engaging in the discovery and sales process.
C2IT is a rapidly developing and a growing business, and there are tremendous opportunities for this role to transition into a long term and vital role of development and leadership within our organization.
As C2IT’s Business Development Specialist, you will be involved in many areas of developing new business for our company.
C2IT has been building web, desktop, and mobile applications for years. We have created management systems, consumer apps, e-commerce systems, and reporting systems that are used both locally and across the United States. We are looking for an individual who will take our custom development philosophy, style, and expertise and apply it to new opportunities.
It is important to note that the services C2IT provides are often highly custom. We aren’t often building someone a simple “billboard” website just to share their contact information. The first project is often the gateway to larger opportunities in the future, and your success will rely on your ability to see the bigger picture and long-term perspective of the opportunities we pursue.
At C2IT, you’ll benefit from working with a small but experienced team that will offer support that will greatly enhance your skills and knowledge. You’ll also be on the ground floor of a growing team, and opportunities to share your perspective will abound, as will advancement opportunities with our joint success.
We want to find someone who is keen to contribute ideas and who loves finding interesting and brilliant solutions to problems.
We are looking for an individual who has an understanding of business and technology at a high level. Once on-target opportunities are identified, our management and development team will work with you on the specific technologies, budgets, and timelines that will need to be applied to meet client expectations and needs.
The projects we are part of span a wide variety of platforms – web, desktop, and mobile to name a few, so a willingness and excitement to explore new ways to use what we can do to help others is paramount to all of our success.
- Understand and identify types of opportunities that fit C2IT’s mission, values, technical abilities.
- Identify specific prospects that fit these on-target opportunities.
- Connect with key and appropriate people at these prospects, introducing them to C2IT and establishing a good first impression.
- Work with the team at C2IT to develop a goal-driven discovery process that will be used for various types of business development activities.
- Build long-term and value-adding relationships with clients that will facilitate repeat business and referrals.
- Work with the C2IT team to identify new areas of business and position C2IT in a way to take advantage of these new areas of business.
- Maintain CRM system, including accounts, contacts, and categories.
- Communicate with prospects and clients using both one-to-one and one-to-many communication tools.
- Assist in creating success stories and customer testimonials.
- Create or help create newsletters, blog posts, and other online content to promote and publicize C2IT’s skills, vision and values.
- Stay involved with projects throughout the development lifecycle, working with the project teams to ensure client needs and requirements are met.
- Communicate project status to the client through oral or written reports in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Excellent communication skills, both in-person and via electronic mediums
- A strong desire to explore a prospect’s wants and needs from a goal-focused perspective, rather than just telling them what we have to offer.
- A basic understanding of modern technology and how it can be applied to solve business problems
- The ability to gain an understanding of the wide variety of ways C2IT can apply technology to solve client problems and bring value to their business
- A willingness to speak your voice and share ideas with the entire team, including ownership, about on-target and off-target opportunities
- A willingness to be persistent and commit to personal growth
Nice to Have
- Experience with custom software / website / mobile-app sales
- Experience with a software development life-cycle
- Ability to demonstrate application of technical skills and understanding of “real world” technologies such as products produced for paying clients, published web applications, and/or contributions to open-source projects
- Experience with CRM tools
- Experience with project management tools
- Experience with Zoho product suite
- A love of meeting new people and a desire to want to help
- Goal-driven performer
- Highly motivated self-starter focused on producing results that matter
- Ability to learn on-the-fly, whether by independent research, proof of concept development, or working together as a team
- Team player with a strong desire to achieve personal growth while being part of something bigger that one’s self
C2IT creates and implements technology solutions for small scale organizations with an economy of scale that typically only larger companies can afford. We accomplish this through strategic partnerships with innovative first clients and a future-focused product life-cycle that consistently produces new lines of business and catapults the company into new niches, markets, and industry.
At C2IT, we not only help small-scale organizations – we ARE a small-scale organization. Born out of a vision to help “the little guy” do more than he ever imagined he could, we too know how important it is to build a team that truly works together. Our small staff is highly cross-trained, works together on every project, and this provides great opportunities for continual growth and advancement within our business.
If you have an interest in professional growth while becoming an integral part of a growing business, it’s time to consider joining C2IT Consulting, Inc.
To submit your resume, send please send it along with a cover letter with how you think you might fit into this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.